CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Olympics and YW's!

2010 has started out to be such a great year serving in the Young Women's Organization. This year's theme is Be Strong and of A Good Courage... Joshua 1:9, every year we kick-off with New Beginnings and recognize those girls who are "Pre-hives and welcome them into the YW family.

Well the Winter Olympics happened to be this year and I found a wonderful theme on (of course sugardoodle.net) and incorporated the Olympics into our New Beginnings program. The girls' were so excited; to make the evening special we made the girls' gold medals with the value colors and wrote the mutual theme (Be Strong and of a Good Courage) to remind the girls to not only Stand For Truth and Righteousness but to strive for the Gold (the temple and ultimately return and live with our Heavenly Father again)!

It was a great night and I am so blessed by these YW! They have changed my life and I have learned so much about myself through them and serving the Lord! I can't think of a better place to serve than being with the YOUTH!

Here are some of the pictures from the evening:


Our group of YW; I love them so much! The girl on the bottom row was whom we recognized that evening! She was so excited! :)


Our Olympic Decorations; I bought a white sheet and the girls traced the Olympic rings and painted them with all the value colors. It turned out great!


Heather (the best 1st counselor ever) and I at YW New Beginnings


One of my counselors ordered 5 dozen glazed donuts at the Wal-mart bakery and then she frosted and dyed the donuts with the value colors to turn them into the Olympic rings. Genius idea! :)


Here are the Gold medals that I made for the girls so that they would remember the evening! So fun!

5 comments:

The Mrs.

Such a great idea Tara!

I might have to steal it...
Jamee
xoxo

Mindy Jo

You worked SO hard and it turned out GREAT!
Love you!
MJ
xoxo

Melissa

I love the donuts! I am sure that the girls love having you in Y.W. You would be such a fun & sweet leader!

Coneen

Such a cute idea. Those YW are blessed to have just an amazing President.

Barbara J

Next time you go, I want to go too. I am all about fun and you had it in spades. Love ya. Grammie