CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

ABOUT LUKE...

So a couple of weeks ago, we had Luke's 4 month check-up and did the whole routine weight, measuring of the length and head. Well he was completely off the charts and below 3% of the average weight, length and head. I was stunned and felt so bad. My little Luke weighed 10 lbs. 15 oz. at 4 months. I didn't understand it, so we checked him for reflux because I explained to my peditrician that he pooks up everything. And sure enough he had it, so he has been on two different medications. He is taken an acid reducer and a gastro reflex medication. We have never had a baby that did this, except now looking back I think Brayden had reflux when he was a baby.

So Luke has been on his medicine for 2 weeks now and is doing so much better. We have been supplementing with a fantastic formula from Sam's club (I love bulk), breastfeeding morning and night and we have started rice cereal. He loves that stuff and I swear I can't stop shoveling it in, sometimes I feel like I was starving the poor kid. This transition has definitely made my life and little Luke's life so much simpler. And like my mom always says, "Simplify your Life."

Luke's weight check-up was yesterday and in 12 days he now weighs 11 lbs. 12 oz. We couldn't be more happier for him and we are so glad that nothing else was wrong. We love our little biggs and our so grateful each and every day for our sweet little Luke.

Here are some recent pictures of Luke:




9 comments:

Jen

Man he has changes so much (again)!!!! He is so stinkin' cute.

I totally understand about the reflux. It sucks. You feel for them. It goes away as they get older. Brooklyn is now 16 months and she is off her meds for the reflux and I can't remember the last time she spit up. It's so nice. Glad you guys figured out what was going on.

Mindy Jo

OH how I love this little baby! I miss him! Bring him to me!

Tammy

He is sooo cute! He looks more and more like Jon! I am so glad he is doing so much better! We've been so worrird about him. I'm glad it was a solveable problem, or at least something that could be treated. Reflux is so not fun! I'm going to adopt your mom's thought "simplify your life". I love that. We miss you guys!!

Venzors

I can't believe he has that. His big little belly is so cute. I'm glad everything is better.

Kristine

Woohoo! That's awesome! Was there any change in head or length?

Bita

Yay Luke!!!! :D So glad the meds and all are helping. He's so dang cute!

xox

Heather

he is SUCH a love! I love him soo!!! what a doll!!! he is soo dang stinking sweet and smiley! ooh luke! you are a DOLL!

I AM SOO glad everything is alright! love you!

Jennifer Brammer

Love the pictures! He sure has grown a ton! He totally looks like he is a member of your family! He's too cute!

Coneen

The pictures are so cute. You two definately make cute kids. We are so glad he is doing better. We were so worried about him. We sure love you guys.